Weight loss regime is not a cakewalk. There are lot of things that we need to be mindful of apart from what we eat and do.
Weight loss requires definite and disciplined investment from us both physically and mentally. Weight loss is no cakewalk. People have to be careful about what they eat, and how they live their lifestyle, should be consistent etc. But there are several other factors that may hamper despite all the steps one may take for weight loss.
There can be many reasons why your weight is stuck, weight loss is delayed and one of the things that we should be mindful of is what we do after having meals. Yes, our routine after lunch, and dinner also affects our weight loss routine.
Here are a few mistakes that we might make unknowingly and that can be a reason for delayed weight loss.
WEIGHT LOSS TIPS: 6 MISTAKES TO AVOID POST-MEAL
- Heavy Dinner: Heavy meals require more time to digest and when we have something late at night that is heavy on digestion, it can lead to weight gain.
- Sugary Drinks: Drinking juice, soda or any other sweetened drink with any meal can also lead to weight gain.
- Water After Dinner: while staying hydrated is important, drinking water just after meals can dilute the stomach acids and impede digestion.
- Meal after Meal: After having a proper lunch or dinner, one should not indulge in junk food. While sometimes the desserts can be too tempting, the urge should be controlled or else could lead to weight gain or delayed weight loss.
- Naps After Dinner: Going for a nap or sleeping right after having a meal can have serious health complications too. It lowers the metabolism, affects digestion and further delays the process of everything.
- Exercising: Indulging in physical exercise after meals can lead to cramps, nausea, bloating, vomiting and also impair weight loss performance.
Therefore, it is important to be mindful of our everyday routine. It is important to keep everything in check when we are sacrificing so much to achieve the target!